Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Internet Resources

I had no idea that one topic could expand to be so broad. When I first started exploring through the notes in this session, I was a little skeptical and hesitant. I thought, how much information could I possibly find through these resources on only one unit topic. I was wrong. There is so much out there. Where to begin?? To start with my students will use internet search engines to research influential people (influential to the student), this includes biographies, pictures, or any information that pertains to that person. Through Google's customized search engine, I would carefully analyze and choose the pages that would be available for the students to see.

For project e-mails, epals is a great place where teachers can go and find a classroom through focus areas such as "human rights" or projects like "the way we are" I believe that having students have a classroom pen-pal from a distant country would be ideal. Maybe instead of having each individual student write to a pen-pal. The teacher can correspond for the entire class to another teacher. Reading each letter to and from the other classroom outloud. This activity alone could lead to so many projects.

Blogging will be an integral part of this unit. Students will need a place where they can reflect on the research they have done, and what it means to them. They will also be working in groups for a project on helping the environment. The students will collaborate through wiki sharing ideas and leaving comments, including suggestions for ideas through links.

To go to these sites directly please go to my works cited page which has these links and much more on information, videos, and images.

Incorporating the internet

No comments:

Post a Comment